Thursday, November 14, 2013

Beach Baptisms and Wedding

I recently spent a couple of days in the Sunshine State.  You can imagine the fun I had with a staff member from our Church when he texted me one morning to tell me the wind chill factor was 15 degrees back home.  I replied with a smile and felt it my duty to inform him it was only 77 degrees in Sunny Florida.  My family wasn't able to travel with me on this trip. Before leaving, my wife sent me off with a hug and a blessing; "Go suffer for the Lord in Florida." Don't tell her, but I think she was jealous. lol.

Though it was a quick trip, it was full of blessings.


 
 

I flew to Destin, FL to perform my cousin's wedding, but before the "I do's" they wanted to proclaim their commitment to Christ by a public baptism in the ocean. This would be my first beach baptism. That's the way to do it! :)

Your faith and love for our Savior is a great inspiration!  Congratulations Markus and Chasity.


I didn't expect what happened next.  Three other individuals who were in attendance walked out into the water to make their own public proclamation that they were following Christ.  A total of five people were baptized that day.

The next day, it was time for the wedding...

Several years ago Markus mentioned to me that when he got married, he wanted to do it on a beach in Florida.  God granted him his desire on Nov. 12, 2013.  This wonderful couple will now celebrate that day as their own special holiday (holy-day) for the rest of their lives.

Here are some picts of their special day.  Enjoy...

"Marriage should be honored by all..." - Hebrews 13: 4
 



a sneak peek of the bride before the ceremony


The Groom just spotted his bride!
 
.
Asking Christ to bless this union
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The groom wrote his "I love you" message to the bride in the sand before the ceremony
 
Jesus asked, "Haven't you read, that at the beginning the Creator made them male and female...For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh? So they are no longer two, but one flesh.  Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."  - Matthew 19: 4-6